Thursday, July 16, 2015

Teaching with Intention: Chapter 6

I am excited to be linking up with Learning with Mrs. Langley, Teaching with a Southern Style, Jen Hart Design, and The Kindergarten Smorgasboard for Chapter 6 of the Teaching with Intention book study.


I have a love/hate relationship with lesson planning. Don't get my wrong, I love a good lesson plan, but sometimes it seems as though I start off with my plans and end up going in an entirely different direction. Please tell me I am not the only one! The good news: the new direction is often better than what I was originally going for. The bad news: I spent a bunch of time planning and didn't use my time wisely.

Two things have really spoken to me as I have been reading:

1. I love Debbie's thought process for lesson planning. I really think it could be used for a workshop model in any subject.
2. I read a lot, think I will remember all the great things I have learned, and then forget. So glad to know I am not the only one :)

With those two things in mind, I made myself another cheat sheet :)




Click {here} to download!

Happy Teaching!