Thursday, July 23, 2015

Kinder Tribe: Meet the Teacher

I am linking up with the new Kinder Tribe collaborative blog for meet the teacher.  Click on the button below to meet other fabulous Kindergarten teachers. 


Here is a little about me:


Years Teaching/Years in K: This will be the start of my 11th year of teaching and 3rd year in Kindergarten. I have taught a variety of grades (and have enjoyed them all).  However, Kinder is my favorite :)

I can't live without my: Coffee...teacher + 2 year old = coffee! I also LOVE GoNoodle.  Back to school is tough, but I have to say that the idea of teaching Pop See Ko to a new group of kids is exciting. 

Favorite School Supply: I love school supplies.  When I read about the Pilot Frixion Pen, I had to try them. Let me tell you, they have changed my life.  No more messy papers or notes to myself.  

Favorite Kinder Book: My class and I love Splat the Cat and his friends like Seymour and Spike. We also love the Mercy Watson books by Kate DiCamillo. Between the hilarious antics of Mercy, her family, and the colorful illustrations, we love these early chapter books! 

Favorite Kinder Blog: I found Mrs. Wills' Kindergarten when I first knew I was moving to Kinder and I have loved it ever since. She is so knowledgeable, down to earth, and funny.  I also had the opportunity to meet her last year at I Teach Kinder in Indianapolis and she was such a sweetheart in person.  

I love teaching Kinder because... I love teaching beginning reading.  The reading growth we see in a year is so neat to watch.  I also love how loving Kinders are with you.  I really enjoyed teaching older kids, but I learned that I need those little Kinder hugs to make it through the year.