Friday, June 19, 2015

Teaching with Intention: Chapter 3


Environment, Environment, Environment


As I was reading this chapter, I kept thinking yes, yes... this is so me!  One of my former students visited yesterday and said, "whoa, your classroom looks different!"  One of my current students said, "Yes, she does that.  She likes to change things."  I had to laugh because these boys totally get me :) 

Two years ago, when I first inherited my current classroom, there was a lot of stuff.  There is no other way to describe it.  My mom is a super organizer, so she and I got to work in the classroom.  We threw out and organized the "stuff" and I had a great start.  However, as I settle into a classroom, my teaching evolves as does my space.  I started reading this book right before the end of the school year.  Little did I know, a voice inside of me was screaming for a change.  My teaching philosophy just didn't match my classroom environment.  

My classroom is still a work in progress, but I have a great start and am excited about where I am headed!  Here is a little peak into my classroom so far:







See you all next week!

Happy Reading,