Tuesday, June 2, 2015

#2getherwearebetter: Home Office Space



This month I am linking up with Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Lucky Little Learners for this months #2getherwearebetter Linky Party! 

This month we are coming together to talk about home office space.  When I am working, I always start at the kitchen table.  My animals (we have 4!!) are usually hanging out with me.  Our Goldendoodle Daisy and I are often playing fetch with the toy she is holding in her mouth.  



When I get tired, I end up on the couch! Our couches aren't the most stylish, but they are comfortable and recline at the push of a button. I have a 2 year old boy so there are trucks and trains everywhere!


This is our home office. One of these days I am going to go in there and hook up my computer to the monitor. Maybe between the French Open and Wimbledon...

My husband was born and raised in Lexington, KY and the picture below is from his boyhood bedroom. We didn't realize this until our cat Kevin grew to his full size, but he is pretty much a replica of this picture.  

Kevin's backstory: My students come from all over central Indiana. Five years ago, I had a student who lived on a farm in Colfax. I asked her family, "If I give you two pumpkins, will you put them out in the field and we can pretend it is a pumpkin patch?" They graciously agreed and we had a fabulous field trip. The tractor pulled us to the "pumpkin patch", we got to sit in a combine, and they bought all of the students little pumpkins to decorate. (It was an amazing field trip!!) Being on a farm, they had a lot of cats. One of which was named Fluffy. He was one of the friendliest cats I had every met and he was so sweet with the children. Well, Fluffy had kittens with another farm cat and they were born on my husbands birthday. The family picked out a cat for me and six weeks later we took Kevin home. He was 3 lbs when we took him home and had huge paws...he weighs 22 lbs now. Kevin was named after the bird in the movie Up. We already had a dog and cat at home...Snickers and Oreo. (In the movie) Kevin likes chocolate... and his name just stuck. He is usually at my feet under the kitchen table or hanging out on top of the cabinets in the kitchen. Today he was sleeping upstairs in the loft.  


Where do you work at home?