Friday, April 10, 2015

Five for Friday


I am just loving these links parties.  Such a good way to meet and connect with new bloggers.  Teachers are the best...seriously!

My little conductor had so much fun finding his Easter Eggs.  I put one M&M in his egg and a couple of Annie's Bunnies thinking I would out smart him and he wouldn't eat too much chocolate.  Well let me tell you, he quickly figured out that there was chocolate in those eggs.  He sifted through each one finding the M&M and leaving the bunnies on the floor for the dogs to enjoy.  Guess he outsmarted me! Love that kid!
Friends, this is my new favorite Easter activity to do in my classroom.  Had I known this would have been such a hit, I would have bought peeps in every color and continued this experiment over multiple days.  I got this fabulous idea from Simply Kinder and I am so grateful!  You would have thought I was dressed in an Elsa costume making ice castles the kids were so engaged.  We made our hypothesis about what would happen when we mixed blue and yellow peeps together in water. The kids guessed correctly (we had just done color mixing for St. Patty's Day) but that didn't stop us from having fun.  Each kid got a peep to explore using their five senses... lucky ducks.  


I love teaching weather and the kids love learning about it!  I have a bunch of non-fiction weather books that I put in my bookshelf that spark so many questions.  Each day we have been meteorologists observing the weather.  It is so fun to go outside and use our senses to observe.


 More weather... 

First, how the clouds make rain. 
(Next to hypothesis it says: A guess you can test.  Thank you Dinosaur Train)

Then, all about clouds.  This year we used puffy paint (cotton balls are so last year).  
I love those non fiction books, but there is just so much information.  This year I cut through the clutter by making my own articles.  We were able to read closely and get our questions answered. 


These articles and experiments are found in my weather unit

Happy Friday!!